This year is no exception and I thought of something special~~ something divinely white with bright yellow things inside. Haha. They're both soft, sweet and firm, enough to give balance to the rich, sumptuous dishes of pork, beef, chicken, and fish we will be indulging on during parties in celebration for Christmas and New Year.
These two recipes are very easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes each to prepare.
JOLLY CREAMY CORN MAJA BLANCA is my version of a favorite Filipino dessert mainly made of coconut milk. It is likened to a coconut pudding, and it is a popular sweet treat during parties and occasions in many Filipino households here and abroad.
JOLLY LYCHEE AND PEACHES ala CREME is a creamy fruit gelatin dessert recipe which I created in lieu of mango and fruit cocktail that I usually put. You may use or add any fruit of your liking as substitute.
JOLLY CREAMY CORN MAJA BLANCA
4 cups coconut milk
1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup condensed milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 and 1/2 cup JOLLY WHOLE CORN KERNELS
4 tbsp. toasted grated coconut (or ground peanuts)
1. Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and let it boil.
2. Add sugar, condensed milk and whole kernel corn. Mix well. Let it simmer for 10 mins.
3. Combine fresh milk and cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
4. Add the cornstarch/milk mixture into the cooking pot and stir well.
5. Continue stirring until it thickens according to your preference.
6. Pour evenly on a flat serving tray.
7. Let it cool.
8. Sprinkle toasted coconut (or ground peanuts) on top.
9. Chill, serve and enjoy!
JOLLY LYCHEE AND PEACHES ala CREME
1 can of JOLLY LYCHEES
1 can of JOLLY PEACH HALVES
4 sachets of unflavored clear gelatin powder
1 1/2 cups of condensed milk
250 ml. all-purpose cream
2 cups water
crushed graham crackers
1. Bring water to a boil then add gelatin powder. Mix throughly until the powder is dissolved completely. Set aside.
2. Combine condensed milk and all-purpose cream in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Pour in the gelatin mixture to the bowl of cream and milk. Stir well.
4. Place the lychees and peach halves alternately in a serving rectangular or square dish. Pour in the liquid mixture.
|This is how the mixture looks before putting in the fridge to chill and set|
5. Refrigerate for an hour or until set.
6. Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on top. Slice, serve and enjoy!
You will love how the peaches and lychees look when chilled with the gelatin :)
I hope you enjoyed these desserts. Have a Jolly Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!